Thursday 31 January 2013

Skiing

I've been away from proper training for a while now, mainly due to a niggly cold and then a great week's skiing in the 3 Valleys. It's nice to get away and do something different every once in a while and I was surprised how much stronger and fitter I felt than when I last went skiing 5 years ago.

For 6 days I hit the slopes for the first lift of the day and skied all day until the last lift of the day with maybe 20 minutes off for a quick lunch. A couple of mornings my legs felt a little tired, but nothing like the muscular pain I used to get. Because I felt so strong and the snow was so good I spent a lot of time off-piste giving my legs a good workout, effectively doing a lot of squats, so I'll claim that as a 'high altitude strength week'!

Unfortunately I went into 'eat anything in sight' mode; a consequence of a catered chalet and long days skiing, so I'm now struggling to stay off the chocolate and get beck to a healthy diet. Really struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment