Thursday 6 December 2012

I'm getting lazy

I've had 3 lazy days with absolutely NO exercise due to lots of travelling with work, 12 hour days, long cold nights and a cheap bar. I didn't really want to do anything today but I knew that I should, so I compromised with myself and planned a 2x20mins sweetspot session which then changed into a 1x45 at 93% FTP once I got going.


As workouts go, this was quite easy. I got bored after 35 minutes and started to vary my power output, a bit of out-of-the-saddle to get rid of some 'numbness' and then a final little push at the end. Not sure if the session did any good, but I needed a gentle reintroduction to the turbo before the next 3 days of planned turbo sessions.

3 comments:

  1. Been following your blog for a bit. I'm trying to increase my power/fitness over the winter too with turbo sessions. I don't have a power meter or know what half your numbers and abbreviations mean, but it still makes for an informative read! Today is a rest day for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MR

    Wow, the blog's first comment! Thanks for raising a really good point: I tend to assume that everybody knows what I'm talking about without explaining the terms, abbreviations and numbers. I think I need to do a glossary post.

    What kind of turbo sessions are you doing? I used to really struggle to get any motivation to get on the turbo, but since I set myself some targets it has got a bit easier, but only a bit more enjoyable.

    Cheers

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the glossary post! It makes the info in your posts a little clearer for me now. I'm doing mostly intervals of varying lengths on the turbo as well as some easier recovery sessions. I'm tracking my progress using a 20-minute all out effort as my benchmark and trying to increase my average speed by a little bit each time I do it.

    ReplyDelete