Sunday 18 November 2012

Power-to-weight

Fresh off the scales this morning I weighed in at 75.9kgs (3.9kgs above my target weight). Obviously a single snap-shot figure means little but it is the start of a more regular weigh-in so I can track my performance towards my target weight.

Using my 20 min power figure and 75.9kgs gives me a 20 min power-to-weight (PWR) of 4.24W/kg. My target figure is 4.79 so I need to generate a 13% improvement in 6 months (half of which will be weight reduction and half will be power increase).

Using an estimate of my 60 min power (95% of 20 min power) gives me a 60 min PWR of 4.03W/kg with a target of 4.55.

Considering I made no improvements in power in the last year and put on a couple of kgs despite regular training and frequent racing, this might be a bit more of a challenge that I originally thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment